358 Prison Mesh Double Leaf Gate - 2.4m high x 2.0m wide
This 2.4m x 2.0m Double Leaf Prison Mesh Gate is provided with a Polyester Powder Coating for greater protection and resilience.
*Please note all images are for illustration purposes only and actual products may vary.
Features and Benefits
- Mesh construction – the positioning of the wires offer a more secure mesh; however it is ideal for areas which are monitored by security cameras as it provides good visibility. The narrow gaps also prevent objects being transferred through the mesh, as well as hands and feet gripping onto it to try and climb over. This mesh is also designed to be anti-cut by standard tools.
- Pre-Galvanised finish – to help prevent the steel from rusting it is given a coating of zinc.
- Polyester Powder Coating – the gate is given this finish as standard and you can choose your preferred gate colour from the customisation section. Polyester powder coating the gate also supplies it with greater protection from damage and weathering.
- Ground suitability – if you are installing your gate on hard ground you will need to employ Bolt Down Posts, but if you are installing it on softer ground you will need to use Dig-In Posts and set them using Postfix cement. Gate post types can be requested within the customisation section of the order page.
- An easy to install gate which is strong and dependable.
This 2.4m x 2.0m Double Leaf Prison Mesh Gate is really useful for enabling vehicle access to a site and for keeping your premises, staff and property protected from intrusion. It should be installed within fencing systems which are also 2.4m high and used for the access of small vehicles like forklifts, due to the gate’s 2.0m width. The two gate leaves can be opened together or separately and can rotate 90° in each direction. The Prison Mesh or 358 Mesh that is used within the gate frame offers a higher level of security compared to 656 and 868 Twin Mesh, as the smaller sized apertures make climbing activity almost impossible to carry out. The mesh is also very tough and is designed for permanent use. In addition to this, the mesh has also been designed to be aesthetically pleasing and safe, so it is ideal for use in locations where the general public are regularly present. Possessing a height of 2.4m, this gate is appropriate for areas which require a high level of security.
To stop the gate from independently rotating, you should use the sliding latch bolt and pair of drop bolts provided to fix it shut. There is also the opportunity to supply your gate with greater security through the addition of a Heavy Duty Padlock and this can be obtained from the customisation section located at the top of this page.
358 Prison Mesh
is constructed using horizontal and vertical wires, which both have a diameter of 4mm. At 12.7mm high and 76.2mm wide, the apertures within the mesh structure are narrow enough to prevent climbing activity, but at the same time, still provide a great standard of visibility. Prison Mesh is also known as 358 Mesh, which refers to the measurements in imperial units. It is the ultimate choice for high security locations, due to the fantastic strength and rigidity that it offers. Welded at each intersection, the wires are extremely resistant to cutting and vandalism attempts. As with other mesh fencing security solutions, 358 Prison Mesh is an ideal option for a range of areas including police stations and correctional units, commercial establishments, schools and airports.
|Gate Type||Double Leaf Gate|
|Total Gate Width||2360mm|
|Finish||Polyester Powder Coating|