358 Prison Mesh Single Leaf Gate - 3.0m high x 3.0m wide
Features and Benefits
- Mesh construction – the wires are extremely rigid and are strong enough to resist damage caused by vandalism or standard cutting implements. The mesh’s narrow openings restrict gripping and scaling, however they still allow for a good standard of visibility so you can see the perimeter of your location.
- Pre-Galvanised finish – the gate features a zinc coating which helps to prevent rust forming and causing damage to its exterior.
- Polyester Powder Coating – the gate is also supplied with an additional protective finish, which helps to reduce the amount of damage which can be caused by factors such as vandalism, weathering and wear and tear. Gates can be polyester powder coated in a range of colours and you will be able to request your selected gate colour within the customisation section.
- Ground suitability – this type of gate can be constructed on both hard and soft ground, but you must ensure that the correct posts are employed. Use Bolt Down Posts for gates installed on hard ground and Dig-In Posts for gates that are installed on softer ground.
- This gate is safe, secure and long-lasting.
This 3.0m x 3.0m Single Leaf Prison Mesh Gate can be used to form a secure point of access for forklifts within a fencing system. By erecting this mesh gate, you can take control of your site’s accessibility as well as keep your premises protected. The gate contains a unique type of mesh which is designed to be stronger and more secure than other mesh like 656 and 868 for example. It is because of the small sized apertures which allow this mesh to offer a greater level of security, as it cannot allow people to easily grip onto it to then climb. This gate has a safer and less intimidating design than say Palisade security gates, but the mesh is still very effective in preventing intrusion. You will frequently see this gate installed in high security locations like airports and correctional units, due to its 3.0m height.
When the gate is closed, you should use the drop bolt and sliding latch bolt provided to effectively secure it in place. When used with a Heavy Duty Padlock, this will protect your premises from intrusion and prevent the gate from freely swinging open. To prevent the gate from swinging shut when it has been opened, you can also insert the drop bolt into the ground.
358 Prison Mesh
is constructed using horizontal and vertical wires, which both have a diameter of 4mm. At 12.7mm high and 76.2mm wide, the apertures within the mesh structure are narrow enough to prevent climbing activity, but at the same time, still provide a great standard of visibility. Prison Mesh is also known as 358 Mesh, which refers to the measurements in imperial units. It is the ultimate choice for high security locations, due to the fantastic strength and rigidity that it offers. Welded at each intersection, the wires are extremely resistant to cutting and vandalism attempts. As with other mesh fencing security solutions, 358 Prison Mesh is an ideal option for a range of areas including police stations and correctional units, commercial establishments, schools and airports.
|Gate Type||Single Leaf Gate|
|Gate Hanging Side||Right Hand Hung (From Outside Looking In)|
|Gate Post Box Section||100 x 100mm Hinge Post, 80 x 80mm Catch Post|
|Total Gate Width||3280mm|
|Finish||Polyester Powder Coating|