Sound absorption barriers act by blocking the maximum noise at all frequencies and absorbing sound energy, not just reflecting it in different directions, this is what makes this product different from some other acoustic barriers.
When sound energy is absorbed, the sound pressure (reverberation) around the barrier reduces dramatically. Absorbing the sound energy muffles the noise.
These Sound Absorption barriers have been laboratory tested and rated as Class A Sound Absorbers, which is the highest class for this kind of product.
Acoustic materials are classed from A to E. A rated have the highest rates of absorption performance.
These barriers have an aw of 0.9. The absorption values range between 0 and 1, with zero being lower absorption and 1 being highest.
They have an NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient) rating of 0.95, which means that 95% of sound in the space is absorbed, while the other 5% is reflected.
A Sound Absorption Barrier is a great choice when there is possibility of noise pollution from a construction site in an area with housing close by, or for large outdoor gatherings such as festivals and fairs. Placed next to loud or annoying machinery, they will muffle the noise. This will benefit the workers and anyone outside the site.
These products have a heavy-duty PVC backing with a sound-absorbing core made from water-resistant high density recycled polyester, and a glass cloth face which is designed to trap as much sound as is possible. They are also fire resistant.
These barriers are relatively easy to install with an Acoustic Barrier Fixing Kit which includes bungee cords and hook. It is suggested a minimum of 3 kits are needed for this size barrier. The install time is faster than other barriers, and to do this you just hook the barrier onto the top of any size of temporary fencing panel and use the bungees to attach to the fence panel. This product has brass eyelets and is stitched together using UV stable, water-resistant, rot-proof high tensile nylon.
They are reusable, easy to carry and install, and can be rolled up so are easy to store until needed on your next project. The recycled core means this is an eco-friendly choice too.
If you require any additional information on this or any products listed on the website, just get in touch with a member of the team by calling 01283 512111 or by using the online chat facility.